I need help choosing between these two cities! Paris has always been a dream destination for me. New York on the other hand is also a must-see city for me before I die.
The thing is I have gained $450 on my travel visa card that I could use for a flight.
- I could stay at my high school friend’s house for a week (truly nice of her)
- I only need to add around $80 from my own pocket to buy a ticket to New York
- I think I have enough money to spend there for a week
- I have a multiple-entry visa to the US
- I still have Philippine Passport and have no tourist visa to go to Europe
- Flights to Paris are more than just $500
- No place to stay for free
The question is should I use my $450 that I have earned on my credit card to book a flight to New York this year on my birthday week? (July 1-July 9) or should I wait until I have earned enough dollars on my credit card to go to Paris and wait until I have my Canadian citizenship and have my Canadian passport? (who knows when)
Please help me decide and let me know what are the great things happening in New York City from July 1 to July 9, 2014 (especially since I would get to be there for the fourth of July!) Or let me know why I should just wait and go to Paris.